Simply put, hiring a specialized/boutique Life Sciences search firm provides the personal and expedited service not available from a large search firm (often at a fraction of the cost). A good specialized/boutique firm should be an extension of your HR team and can be a valuable resource in educating industry professionals about your company (the best type of branding). Due to the high touch, hands on service level of a strong specialized/boutique firm, clients can expect to receive on-target candidates quickly, saving you time and money. Most specialized/boutique firms who have a decade or more of successful experience should be able to provide a higher quality slate of candidates as well due to their extensive networks.
Over 83% of industry leaders say that talent acquisition is their number one priority. As a result, the majority of their recruiting budgets will be allocated to hiring search firms and posting to job boards. By utilizing a specialized/boutique firm, the chance of a targeted, pragmatic and effective search increases. Again, time is of essence and a specialized/boutique firm should be able to save you thousands (spend your time interviewing candidates instead of combing through mediocre resumes/CVs).
The same percentages of industry leaders acknowledge that company branding has a significant impact on their ability to hire great talent. Candidates also acknowledge that the more a company piques their interest, the higher the chance they’ll take the time to discuss a role. This is where a specialized/boutique firm can shine by aligning with your company’s values, mission and goals and promoting and explaining the role in manner that magnifies the positives and diminishes any potential obstacles. By understanding and communicating your company’s best attributes, a specialized/boutique search firm can mirror your organization and ensure they sell your company to the candidate (in partnership with you and your team of course).
Finally, hiring volume is expected to increase whereas most internal recruiting teams aren’t. With an expected greater emphasis on how long new hires stay and the time it takes to close them, high quality hiring will be more essential than ever. Specialty/boutique firms can bridge this gap and provide a level of service to ensure candidates that you receive game-changing candidates that will have a positive, long-term effect on your business.
A quick recap of what our speciality/boutique search firm can provide:
- Unique qualification of candidates– We take qualification to the next level with every candidate, including a call with the spouse/significant other to ensure everyone is on board should the opportunity require relocation.
- Quality of candidates– Our specialization within pharma/biotech/device, including 1000’s of relationships with US and Global leaders enable us to access and develop top candidates that are otherwise inaccessible.
- Speed of delivery– We accommodate our clients’ need for urgency and guarantee a full slate of 3-5 final candidates for even the most challenging searches within four weeks or less (2-3 week average).
- Exceptional service– We dedicate expert resources from one of our five teams to every search ensuring both our clients and candidates receive the best service.
- Cost-effective results– As a boutique firm we can provide the flexibility that our clients’ require, including pay for performance fees, pricing options, variable agreement terms and more. The bottom line is that our clients save money by selecting us, as much as 10%-40% cost savingscompared to our traditional retained competitors.
- Technology– We are pioneers in the use of social networking and own the largest, longest running, and most active LinkedIn group dedicated exclusively to pharma/biopharma and biotech professionals, In addition, our proprietary database and leading edge CRM technology has over 400,000 contacts. Our competitors simply haven’t invested the same amount of resources into the various elements of technology.
- Dedicated resources to fill each position– We commit (some might even say we obsess) personally and as a team to filling each and every position, even those with the narrowest of requirements. We take away the worry of having the search done right and ensure that the position will get filled.
- Eliminate unmotivated candidates– We have developed tools and processes for thoroughly screening each candidate to gauge motivation, so that we can eliminate unmotivated candidates to avoid wasting our clients’ time and resources; each candidate must pass through several layers of screening before ever being presented to a client.
- More time for you to get everything else done– We will partner with our HR clients and hiring managers to take away the worry and make their lives easier; We will provide the flexibility to take on as much of the hiring and interviewing responsibilities as clients prefer, lightening the load and allowing them to spend more time on their multitude of other responsibilities.
- Always available and highly responsive– We value loyal relationships with our portfolio of a select group of clients. Loyal client relationships and our commitment to learning about each client’s business give us a better understanding of each client’s business over time. Our deep understanding of each client enables us to determine which candidates will be the best fit for their team, which leads to a very high level of client satisfaction.
- Meet your specific needs and requirements– We understand that no two positions and no two clients are the same; We take a client-centered approach, listening carefully to make sure that we understand each client’s requirements; We then develop a tailored search strategy and customized plan for each new assignment.
We’ve also established numerous Life Sciences LinkedIn groups that are just one of the tools unique to Marcus & Associates. Click here to view our 20 groups. We also provide news, career tips and more on our own LinkedIn company page as well. Click to follow us for news and announcements.